Prompt for Week 2
“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed”
A Few Rules:
- Be creative with your 144 words or less not including your title
- Include the prompt in quotes
- Take time to read other posts
- Make sure to use the whole quote
- Play nice, try to encourage not tear down
- This is a weekly prompt which has a weekly limit
- In the comment box add your name and enter the direct URL to your answer to the prompt
- On your blog, please provide a link back to Christian Flash Fiction. So others can be blessed
The Cliff Hanger
Clinging to the side of a the cliff, Mandi rested against an old fallen branch. It had been days since she had anything to eat. The night air was chilled, coyotes howled in the distance and a crescent moon was her only light.
“Lord, I need your help! If not for You, ‘I would have lost heart’.”
Mandi wrapped her jacket tighter. Tears welled up in her eyes. A chill ran down her back. She shivered.
“‘Unless I had believed’ and my anger had not overwhelming my emotions, I would not be in this situation.”
It would be a long, lonely night. Her second one since she had gotten lost in this dense woods. She had slipped down the side of the cliff. Her ankle was swollen from the fall.
“Lord, I wait upon You.”
“Mandi?” a voice from above called out.
“James! I’m sorry.”
P. Wolf, author of “I Am the Light” series
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.Psalm 27:13
Become discouraged, as in The rescuers worked hard for the first few hours, but then they lost heart. This term uses heart in the sense of “courage” or “spirit.Dictionary.com
This is one of my favorite psalms. Beautiful.