I’m your host, Patti Wolf, for Christian Flash Fiction. Each Wednesday the porthole opens up with a new prompt. This week we’re starting a tad early to give writers a little extra time to join. Don’t be shy, stop in and leave your contact (direct URL) information in the comment section. Have fun with it!
Your Prompt for Week 3
“Cause me to hear Your loving kindness in the morning, for in You do I trust,” Psalm 143:8a
A Few Rules:
- Be creative with your 144 words or less not including your title
- Include the prompt in quotes
- Take time to read other posts
- Make sure to use the whole quote
- Play nice, try to encourage not tear down
- This is a weekly prompt which has a weekly limit
- In the comment box add your name and enter the direct URL to your answer to the prompt
- On your blog, please provide a link back to Christian Flash Fiction. So others can be blessed
Sarah slammed her Bible shut!
“This just doesn’t work.”
She strolled into the kitchen, opened the refrigerator and grabbed her favorite ice cream, chocolate mint. Single parenting was a difficult task. Her son, James, was failing sixth grade. Marie, her daughter, suffered from asthma. Sarah’s job demanded overtime, while her desire was to spend more time with her kids.
“How can my pastor say there’s a loving God?”
After putting her bowl in the sink, she glanced out the window. It was dark as she saw her reflection in the glass. Her hair was disheveled and in need of a trim. She signed.
“Sarah, when life gets tough I call to God.” Her deceased mother’s words made her smile, as a tear slid down her face.
“‘Cause me to hear Your loving kindness in the morning. For in You do I trust, Lord.”