Your Prompt for week 1
“He shall be like a tree planted by rivers of water…”Psalm 1: 3a
“Christian Flash Fiction” has been created to encourage the Christian writer in their craft. Recently, I’ve discovered the power fiction can have when using the Word of God to encourage the reader. For decades I wrote devotions, curriculum and other teaching items. I thought it was the only way to spread God’s news to others. I was wrong. Even Jesus used stories, parables, to teach. Let us use our gift with fiction to help the world know God!
A Few Rules
- Be creative with your 144 words or less not including your title
- Include the prompt in quotes
- Take time to read other posts
- Make sure to use the whole quote
- Play nice, try to encourage not tear down
- This is a weekly prompt which has a weekly limit
- In the comment box add your name and enter the direct URL to your answer to the prompt
- On your blog, please provide a link back to Christian Flash Fiction. So others can be blessed
Karl stood staring out the window. It was three years since his life changed. Others said it would get better, but the patina on his heart was growing thick.
The clouds hung low as he studied the tree out his window. It had been their tree. The tree where they had fallen in love, the tree where he had proposed to her and the tree where she had wasted away. Then he turned away, as if to flee from the pain.
On the table sat his Bible. It had been weeks since he picked it up. Guilt touched his heart. Turning back towards the tree he murmured, “ ‘He shall be like a tree planted by rivers of living water’ and I want to be that tree.”
As his sister walked in she could hear pages being turned. She smiled. Her prayers had been answered.